How to naviagte

Navigate through my work using the numerically ordered 'labels'. The 'labels' can be found listed on the right hand side of this blog.

Friday 5 April 2013

The Rock Room Logo

This logo design also features a guitar. However, unlike Sonica's logo, the guitar is only featured as a background image rather than incorporated into the text. 

I like the sketchy outline's of the guitar to make the brand seem edgy. I also like the use of capital letters for 'ROCK' to draw attention to it and make it stand out from the other words. The outline around it too adds impact and separates the word from the others. The use of a relatively plain font for 'the' and 'room' makes it seem as if the 'ROCK' is bursting through, demanding attention. 

In my interpretation of the deign, I replicated the guitar in the background and the style of fonts. However, instead of using 'griffin' and/or 'green' as the words with impact, I made the 'AND' stand out. This did not work in making the name's more visible, though it does provide contrast. The word in the centre, jumping out, draws the eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment