How to naviagte

Navigate through my work using the numerically ordered 'labels'. The 'labels' can be found listed on the right hand side of this blog.

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Music Roasters Logo



I like the idea of having a picture logo with the brand name below. The brand 'Music Roasters' has successfully used this concept to create a simple, elegant and eye-catching logo. I like the use of highly contrasting bright colours. I replicated the design using pen.

In my own interpretation, I used pen also, but used a bright green instead of red. This links into the name of the brand. I really like the first letters of the words merging into one. It is shown more successfully in Roasters, but I feel this is an idea that could possibly be developed and/or incorporated into other designs. 

I also like the idea of using a relatively plain font to offset the logo picture more so. This concept contrasts with most of the logo research I have done into guitar brands, but Mosrite, Yamaha and Paul Reed Smith use similar designs. I think a Serif font works well to offset logos that are quite rounded, as Roasters is. Perhaps I will explore the use of Sans Serif fonts with more edgy designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment