How to naviagte

Navigate through my work using the numerically ordered 'labels'. The 'labels' can be found listed on the right hand side of this blog.

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Auckland Music Logo

Similarly to Music Roasters, Auckland have combined the first letters of their brand name to create the main focus of their logo. In addition, they have used a quite plain font so the image of the A and M are the first thing people see and recognise. 

The A and M have been combined to look as if they form mountains. Auckland is a mountainous region of New Zealand, home to Mount Eden. I like the idea of involving themes within the logo, and may apply the idea to designs for Griffin & Green. The colour choice may have been influenced by Mount Eden also, as it is largely grassland.







In my interpretation of the design, I replicated the instrument aspect of the logo. I think the idea works well and I will develop this concept further in my own designs. I also like the fonts Auckland have used. The capital letters spelling the brand name are clear and easy to read, being the second thing you look at when observing this logo. However, I particularly like the lettering spelling 'music in my veins' as it offsets the brand name, contrasting its curves with the sharp edges of 'AUCKLAND MUSIC'. 


Overall, I think this logo design is very clever, and many aspects have been considered in its design. I hope my own logo will also show how much thought went into its design.

No comments:

Post a Comment