How to naviagte

Navigate through my work using the numerically ordered 'labels'. The 'labels' can be found listed on the right hand side of this blog.

Thursday 28 February 2013

Jackson Guitar Logo



I began looking into guitar logos; the first of which was Jackson Guitars. This logo features only text, with no pictures. However, the font for ‘Jackson’ has been embellished. The font looks as if it’s been hand written, but areas of black have been erased to add depth to it. It almost appears to be a signature, to give the brand a more personal feel. The fonts for ‘guitars’ has been kept simple so it’s easy to quickly recognise the product as ‘Jackson’ is not one of the most famous makes of guitars. In my application for this style, the signature look makes it look untidy, I feel. Griffin & Green sounds to me to be two last names together, so having the same signature style font for both names isn't fitting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment